I'm afraid it will take a hell of a time to translate all recipes into English.
Because of my poor English skills(:_;)
Anyway, I'll try! It'll be my practice.
- deep fried anchovy(Tatsuta-age) with millet vinegar salad(for two)
Today'misson is 'How to make millet vinegar salad':->
- Boil plenty of water(about 3 cups) in a pan. add your choice of millet, oats, barley...a total of 1cup and pinch of solt. Boil for about 5minutes till al dente, then drain.
- Chopped your choice of vegetables, like tomatoes, carrot, cucumber,onion... sprinckle some solt over vegetables (except tomatoes). Leave them for a while. Absorb excess water using paper towels.
- Mix 4tablespoons olive oil, 2-3tablespoons white vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon solt, 1 teaspoon soysauce and pepper in a large bowl.
- Put boiled millet and vegetabiles into the bowl and toss them.
Add some herbs, such as parsley and coriander leaf, if you like.
I used some Japanese millet. It may hard to get them out of Japan.
How about Tatsuta-age? Well, I'll try to explain it another time.